Monday, March 26, 2012

Days 6 and 7, plus Post-Reaction of Mason Neck!

Day 6:

Birthday Boys!
Today was awesome because we got to celebrate Tim and Mike's birthdays in D.C.! Carla and I planted balloons and happy birthday signs in their doorways late at night for them to wake up to. They were so happy! =)

After the very short-lived festivities in the morning, we went to put green mulch on top of the black mulch that was already on the playground. For some reason, I found it so much fun to shovel! Oh, but while I was shoveling, I found a beaver's head attached to one of it's legs. On the other side of the playground, someone found another limb. I'm just glad a child didn't have to uncover that! Why was it there in the first place? Mark explained that foxes will tear a beaver a part and place it's remains scattered nearby so that it can come back and eat it. Who would've thought a fox can take on a beaver?!

D.C. + Mason Neck ASBers
When we were finished, we got to go to D.C. and met with the ASBers from the D.C. trip! I got to see my beloved friend, Maitri and I was also able to make new friends as well!

The D.C. trip was so cool because everyone was so lax and being themselves. I definitely got to see different sides to people! But not just this, it was personal for Ruby and I because we both had family who were in WWII, so being able to see proof of the soldiers' commitment and honoring them, was a wonderful thing. When I got back from VA, I called my grandfather and he cried, saying how happy he was that I was able to see these monuments and honor his friends and those who passed away. It was the first time in a long time he and I talked and I'm glad that this was the subject because I know it's so close to his heart.

Oh, random side note: my fear of dogs has been shattered for some reason! We were walking to the Lincoln memorial and I stopped to play with two puppies! They were so cute! I don't know how or when, but I'm glad because dogs are so cool!

Day 7, aka, Dooms Day and Reaction:

Our last planet protectors shot =(
Goodbye beautiful home!
Today was the day we were to leave...None of us wanted to. If we had the chance, I think we all would've stayed. Mason Neck became like a home where we were free from others who judged us and had companions who brought out our true personalities. We were comfortable with one another, and now, we had to go back to school, face our other friends, and be separated. We made a pact that we'd try to get to see each other every now and then during the semester, and it truly is working. I've met with  Phil and Mike so far and soon, Carla. I hope I'll be able to be in touch with the people who created such memories as "Scerber" and giving me the opportunity to eat my first grilled cheese sandwich. I love every one of these amazing people and the memories made will never be forgotten! Thanks to Mike, Ruby, and Tim, such an environment was created where we could have them in the first place, so salutes to you three wonderful people! Lastly, salutes to the rest of the participants who made such an impact in my life. I bid you all adieu and wonderful lives! Hopefully I'll be a part of it and hopefully you, the reader, can have similar or even better experiences!

No comments:

Post a Comment