Saturday, January 1, 2011

AWB Florida Pre-Trip

My fellow AWBers and I will be headed to Orlando, Florida to volunteer at Give Kids the World Village and a day care. Give Kids the World Village focuses on making children with life threatening illnesses dreams come true by providing them and their families with an opportunity to stay at the Village and have a fun, memorable time. Since this trip will potentially be emotionally tough, working with sick children, through our pre-trip meetings we prepared for this by having Rutgers grad student speak to us about grieving and dying, as well as other things. We got to know each other more and more each week with fun ice breakers and we learned our “true colors”! I’m a green! I hope to have a great trip, bonding with everyone and having a truly rewarding and moving volunteer experience. We leave for Orlando in a week and I am so excited to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment